Azure is easy to use and powerful. We all know that. Right? This is the way I setup my current project after I moved from a physical server to Azure.
1. A regular Git repository, hosted on Github.
2. The master branch for my daily up-to-date-code. Other branches for experiments.
3. A .gitignore that ignores folders like node_modules and .idea
4. A deploy folder that I copy all the relevant deploy files to – and only them – when it is time to deploy to Azure. Manually or with grunt.
5. A .deployment file that points to the deploy folder.
6. A free (for my staging/demo site) Azure website pointing to my repository and the master branch.
With this I commit and push often, but only save files to deploy + push those when it’s time for a new deployment.